Saturday, September 5, 2009

Summertime


I don't have a favorite season. I've found that at the end of each season, I'm SO excited for the season that's coming. I guess that living in a tropical paradise would not be paradise for me. I have to live somewhere where the seasons change in traditional fashion. You know, a few snow flakes in the winter, a few really hot days in the summer, lots of flowers in the spring and colorful leaves in the fall.

That being said, I have loved the season that is now ending. We got to travel some and see lots of family, which, to me, is what summer is all about.

We went to Star Valley,WY, for the 4th of July for my family's informal family reunion. That is one of my two favorite places in the world, and the memories made there... priceless. Then, on to Salt Lake City, UT, for a week with both my parents and my in-laws. And lots of playtime with long lost cousins. Then, on to San Diego, CA, for a week of fun in the sun. It was a whirlwind trip, but so worth it.

It never ceases to amaze me how wonderful it is to get home again when you've been away for a long time. There's just something about home. As one song puts it, home is "not the place where you live, but the place where you belong." That is exactly how I feel about coming home. This is where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment