Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I love you, son.

Happy Belated Birthday, Jack. I didn't post on your birthday, but we did celebrate it. We went out of town the next day and the girlies dance recital was that night so it was a bit crazy, but here are some pictures of the occasion.


One of our family birthday traditions is that we have birthday cake for breakfast. Another is that the kids get to put sprinkles on their cake. Jack had a lot of fun with that one... until the sprinkles ran out.


We gave you a bike and a water gun for your birthday as well, but you got those a little early. This race track was the only present you actually opened on your birthday. You loved it though, and you and Daddy played with it for a few hours that morning.

At the girlies dance recital that night.

And finally, some random pictures of you:


I thought I would take this opportunity to list a few of the things I love about you:

I love your freckles and the cleft in your chin - the only physical traits that you got from your daddy.

I love it when you look at me with your big cheesy grin and your squinty eyes say "Mommy happy?" It inevitably makes me happy.

I love your little brown back with a distinct line at your waist just above your little white bum.

I love that you love Beethoven.

I love that you love your sisters.

I love that you love babies. (It's a good thing you do, too, with baby brother on the way!)

I love your sound effects.

I love that since before you were two, you could hear the difference between an airplane and a helicopter flying overhead.

I love it when you say "take me" - which means you want to be held.

I love that you still love to snuggle.

I love that you call toilet paper "toppa pitcher."

I love your hilarious little laugh.

I love your pudgy hands and feet.

I love your dramatic facial expressions.

I love that you recognize how others are feeling and are concerned when someone is sad.

I love how you line up your cars (and other toys) in a row.

I love that you put your toys under your chair at the dinner table.

I love that when you want to go swimming, you say "I want to paddo paddo."

I love that you were brave enough to try tubing this summer.

I love that the on the night of your birthday, when Daddy was putting you to bed, you said to him: "Thank you for my birthday."

You are such a sweet boy, and such a blessing in my life. You are so happy and joyful that you are like a little ray of sunshine. I guess it was prophetic when I used to call you "my little sunshine boy" from the time you were born.

I love you, son.

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Shelley, what a sweet post. He is such a cute little boy. He totally reminds me of how Stewart looked when he was a little boy. I love the rear end shot of his Thomas the Train underwear. What a lucky boy to have those! I'm sure Ashley would go nuts to have underwear with Thomas on them. But, alas, she only has undies with Elmo. Ashley is sitting on my lap right now saying, "Let me see Thomas, Mommy! Let me see him!" See, I told you she would love a pair of undies like his!

    Cake for breakfast?? You're my kind of gal! Who wouldn't want to eat cake for breakfast?!?! That's a cool idea you have about letting your kidlets put the sprinkles on.

    Hope your pregnancy is going well! Let me know how you're doing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet post Shell. It made me reflect on things I love about my own kids!! It's good to remember these things...especially when you have a day like yesterday. ;)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is such a sweet post! What a darling little man you have there. I think he looks like Stewart did when he was that age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, now I love him. What wonderful little things about your little guy. He's a doll. Just like his mother!

    ReplyDelete