Friday, November 6, 2009

Abby

Abby Maile is an incredible person. I know this and I've never even met her.

Her husband, Naki, and my sister's husband, Frank, are cousins. As is the usual course of things, the wives of husbands who are friends, become friends themselves. This was the case with Heather and Abby.

Heather has told me about Abby on several occasions: how much she admires her amazing parenting abilities, her patience and her strength. These characteristics have been put to good use... Abby is the mother of six daughters: Line, Malia, Lose, Eli, Eva and Ane; ranging in age from 10 years old to 1 year old.

Early on the morning of October 16th, 2009, Abby's sweet husband, Naki, passed away unexpectedly. The autopsy revealed that he had a heart condition that had never been discovered.

I have been following Abby's blog since Naki's passing and have been so inspired, grieved, humbled, strengthened, and awed by the way she has chosen to face this most difficult trial. In her last post, she acknowledged that she believed more people were reading her blog than she was aware - many of whom she did not know - and she was glad. I think she knows how much people can be strengthened by another's experience.

So, I now feel at liberty to encourage one and all to learn something from Abby.

www.sixmailechix.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment